Friday, July 3, 2020

Where to Start


Suzuki seems to be good for intermediate violinists and has 10 levels.  Essential Elements seems to have 3 lesson books, at least, at 3 levels of technique books.  I have never tried or heard of the technique books.  Anyway, we used this book I posted a picture of in college group string class.  I don't know much about other books that start maybe from scratch.

Also, I already was a piano major when I started violin, so I could read music and understand also the nature of chords and arpeggios, as well as being good at the key signatures already.  I don't know what it's like to start from scratch.  I did want to do music when I was younger, but we also got to learn to read music in music class at school when I was age 7 and 8 years old where I lived at the time.  I started piano at age 9 years old.  I was also in a good choir and other choirs affiliated with church age 8-18 mostly.  That helped with music and before I got into piano.  I liked to sing since I was 5 years old and wanted to be a singer.  It was the first time I remembered it in school that I remember.

No comments: